If we don't sing this at some point, I'll be pretty bummed

6 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernSoccer

SouthernSoccer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:56 AM

I think it's perfect. In case you don't know what An American Trilogy is, it's merging Live and Die in Dixie, Hallelujah, and the Battle Hymn of the Republic into one song.

#2 h4x3d

h4x3d

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:37 AM

What did you say? Sorry I can't hear that through my bleeding ears and vuvuzelas!

#3 ridingthepine

ridingthepine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

I'm really not interested in referencing "dixieland" or remembering the good ol' times in the land of cotton.

We've got enough culture, history, and heritage in our diverse city, and the state of Georgia in general, that we can stay away from anything with those antebellum connotations.

#4 Professor Red

Professor Red

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

I agree with ridingthepine on this one. Like it or not, 21st Century America is a diverse, accepting, and politically correct society. Soccer is unifying. Hey, Atlanta is United.

#5 brozil

brozil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:07 AM

Yeah guys, no being wacist at all!

#6 Guest_Cfail0814_*

Guest_Cfail0814_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:03 AM

I am a proud southerner and one of the reasons I am considering switching my team affiliation to Atlanta is because it's is southern. I don't think we should try to pretend that the war never happened and that we are the same as the rest of the country. There is nothing wrong with being southern.

#7 JohnCropp

JohnCropp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationAthens, Ga

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:36 PM

Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee, and Jefferson Davis have as much to do with Atlanta United Football Club as Arthur Blank, Darren Eales, and Carlos Bocanegra have with the Confederate States of America.

Unless our three are etched into the side of Stone Mountain, I don't want the other three or their cause in any way associated with our football club.

There is a place for remembering that era of Atlanta's history, but it is not Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

UNITED, not divided!!!

• AtlPA likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users