#1 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:08 PM

How do some of the coaches in Europe get the reputations of being one of the best coaches in the world when they have only coached for teams that are stocked with the some of the best players on the planet. For example Pep was the coach of Barcelona that have no problem buying the best players available that money can buy like Suarez, Neymar, and already having Messi even a halfway decent coach should win games and trophies with that kind of team. Then he goes to Bayern and already has powerhouse team built and to no surprise he wins games. Mourinho is the same way, he coaches clubs with deep pockets that are already built to win and can afford to go spend 200million in the transfer window. I am just curious of what makes these guys stand out as some of the best coaches in the world?  Why not the guy who starts with a tiny budget with lesser known players and brings home silverware?

I am not knocking these guys for doing what they do I am just curious to how they would do with a team like say Atlanta United with a limited budget starting from the ground up. Could they come in and win or are they only as good as their owners wallets?

#2 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:58 AM

Pep didn't have Suarez or Neymar, (maybe Neymar at the end I can't remember), but I know what your saying. However, Pep worked his way up from the Barca B team actually and then moved onto the FC Barca. He did earn his stripes, and it helped he played there. Mourinho started off as a head coach in the Portugal leagues with Benefica and Porto. He was actually at Barcelona before that as an assistant.  He actually won the Champions league while coaching in Portugal, which was very impressive, and then moved on to Serie A. 

So I see what you are saying, but at the same time, both of these guys you names didn't really get their start with clubs with big bucks. Barca B is there mostly just to supply and prepare youth, pep did that well. 

There are some really good coaches at the lower levels, especially the championship, that you just don't hear about because they aren't at big clubs. 

If you are asking how would Pep do here? In my opinion, if he picks his team, even with a budget, Pep would win something in 2 years for ATL United. Mou, probably the same. However, they are completely different coaches with completely different styles. 

Good observation though!

logo-boards.png

#3 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:51 AM

With Zidane taking over at Real Madrid from the lower squad, do you think he has a fighting chance to achieve greatness and move on to be a great coach without having coached anywhere else at the top level or do you think he may be screwing himself by taking the position at one of the biggest clubs in the world with such little experience? Same thing Pep did and it worked for him, do you think it will pan out for Zizou in the same way?

#4 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

With Zidane taking over at Real Madrid from the lower squad, do you think he has a fighting chance to achieve greatness and move on to be a great coach without having coached anywhere else at the top level or do you think he may be screwing himself by taking the position at one of the biggest clubs in the world with such little experience? Same thing Pep did and it worked for him, do you think it will pan out for Zizou in the same way?

I honestly don't know...

I follow Barcelona way more than Real Madrid. RM's problem runs deep though...  To many players on that team are selfish in my opinion. They have bought players they don't really need which means you have players that are not happy because of a lack of playing time. They have sold players they shouldn't have sold (Di'Maria and Ozil). 

There is a huge difference between Pep and Zizou too. They played different positions on the field, which actually does give a different view of the game. Pep played more of a holding mid while Zizou played more of an attacking role, aggressively at that. They have very different personalities as well from everything I have read which will effect their differences in coaching. However, they both were/are extremely well respected at their club, they both did great things for their clubs, and they both have/had the support of their clubs, which is rare for a RM coach in general. The thing about Zizou at RM is that he will probably be given more time than any other coach there in the last 10 years because of is RM legacy. It will be interesting to see how they do for sure, but I wouldn't expect an immediate turn around. It will take the rest of this year for Zizou and RM to figure each other out as he is going to really change the way they have been playing. Next year will be the real beginning to Zizou's start at RM. They will be selling some players too. 

I think in the end though Zizou will succeed as a coach, he wont quit until he does. But when I said RM's problem runs deep, I meant that the problem for them starts with Perez and until he is gone, they will always have problems I think. 

logo-boards.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users