95 replies to this topic

#21 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

http://m.wsbtv.com/n...des-benz/nqCr7/

WSB-TV exclusive look at the new stadium.
  • JoryikGomy, AlexissGomy, KifSlayexy and 1 other like this

logo-boards.png

#22 BravesFalconsTide

BravesFalconsTide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:04 PM

I don't know if they're paying attention to these boards or not, but as someone who is buying season tickets, I would rather have one or two inaugural home games in the dome, then have the long road trip. Stinks, but I'd be fine with having 15 MBS games instead of 17 and still get to be at the first game. Would be a shame if our first game is in a different city.

• augoat likes this

#23 JohnCropp

JohnCropp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationAthens, Ga

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:19 AM

I don't know if they're paying attention to these boards or not, but as someone who is buying season tickets, I would rather have one or two inaugural home games in the dome, then have the long road trip. Stinks, but I'd be fine with having 15 MBS games instead of 17 and still get to be at the first game. Would be a shame if our first game is in a different city.

How about a preseason match at the Georgia Dome as a bonus for season ticket holders before the roadtrip and eventual home opener?

I want to experience the first Atlanta United home match from my seats in our stadium!

If it's in June instead of March, that's okay.

#24 elevenrising

elevenrising

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationHazlehurst, GA

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:42 AM

http://news.wabe.org...rst-season-road

#25 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:08 PM

I met with some folks from HOK today on another matter and they confirmed that the new dome won't be ready until mid-2017. This is a real bummer for Atlanta Soccer fans hoping to create early and lasting momentum from our inaugural season....

#26 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:54 PM

Starting to look like the new dome will NOT be ready for any of the 2017 season. Does this change anyone's views?

What kind of refund will we receive from ATLUTD?
  • RickyT31 likes this

#27 cryates

cryates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationRossville, GA

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:43 PM

Where do you see that?

#28 CAllen91

CAllen91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationValdosta

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

There's nothing to suggest MBS is being delayed anymore than the begining of June '17. Unless you found this out from one of your closed door meetings with HOK. 

There's no refund. We've known the stadium would be late since before they started ordering season tickets.

#29 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:19 AM

It will be announced soon. 2017 NCAA FB Kickoff classic game will also be played in the GA DOME.

ATL UTD is selling season tickets knowing this, but keeping it from ticket purchasers. That's deceitful.

#30 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:11 PM

It will be announced soon. 2017 NCAA FB Kickoff classic game will also be played in the GA DOME.

ATL UTD is selling season tickets knowing this, but keeping it from ticket purchasers. That's deceitful.

The game was actually schedule to be in the GA Dome last year. This was from August of 2015. 

My question is why can't we play in it until the new stadium is open...? 

logo-boards.png

#31 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:19 PM

The chik fil-a kick off game between FSU and Alabama is scheduled for September 2, 2017 and is supposed to be played in the new dome:

http://www.chick-fil...icial-for-2017/

This game will NOT be played in the new stadium, but is going to be moved to the GA DOME.

My point is only that ATLUTD is aware of the fact that we will have ZERO home games in the new stadium in the 2017 season. Despite that fact, all marketing efforts on selling season tickets are focused on the new building--despite the fact the team knows that it will it be ready for the entire 2017 season.

That is deceptive, imo and is likely to lead to further trouble including alienating a large base of potential fans to this new MLS franchise.
  • CherryGhost likes this

#32 zzbaron

zzbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:33 PM

So we picked seating for the 2018 season? Wow. I really hope you are mistaken but you sound well informed.

We all paid a premium to watch our team play in a world class facility. If some/all games get played at the dome we should get a partial refund (at a minimum) for the games played in the lesser facility. Especially when the dome situation was never on the table when ordering.

Can all seats be moved over to the dome without any movement to different rows or bumped from an aisle? If that can't happen you should get even more of a refund. Club people paid a premium to have access to the "unprecedented in-game access to on-field patio areas" along with everything else. If that experience doesn't get replicated an additional refund should ensue.

What a joke ...

#33 Joc_Jamz

Joc_Jamz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:19 PM

The chik fil-a kick off game between FSU and Alabama is scheduled for September 2, 2017 and is supposed to be played in the new dome:

http://www.chick-fil...icial-for-2017/

This game will NOT be played in the new stadium, but is going to be moved to the GA DOME.

My point is only that ATLUTD is aware of the fact that we will have ZERO home games in the new stadium in the 2017 season. Despite that fact, all marketing efforts on selling season tickets are focused on the new building--despite the fact the team knows that it will it be ready for the entire 2017 season.

That is deceptive, imo and is likely to lead to further trouble including alienating a large base of potential fans to this new MLS franchise.

How confident are you that the FSU game will be moved to the old dome? Is it 100% or not 100% certain just yet?

#34 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

The only people that know for sure are HOK and ATLUTD. My understanding is that there will be NO home games in the new stadium for the 2017 season.

In my opinion, the United should be more transparent and forthright in the changing expectations of the stadium construction.

#35 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:33 AM

Doug Roberson tweeted this out, and I think it is relevant. "you may want to separate the team from the construction. It's not the team's fault the stadium is being delayed."

Very true statement no matter how mad/annoyed/pissed/upset we as fans are.

If the team is aware that the new stadium will not be ready for the 2017 season, yet they continue to market it as a selling point to push season ticket sales for the 2017 season, they are complicit---not victims.

It's hard to separate the team in this instance, particularly when they are profiting from what may turn out to be false/misleading advertising.

Just my $.02.
  • zzbaron likes this

#36 cbferg14

cbferg14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:03 PM

Honestly I would rather watch our team play in our city for the first season. Don't really care if it's in the dome. It will just make the new stadium seem even better.

#37 brewman

brewman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:08 PM

The only people that know for sure are HOK and ATLUTD. My understanding is that there will be NO home games in the new stadium for the 2017 season.

In my opinion, the United should be more transparent and forthright in the changing expectations of the stadium construction.

I don't see how this can be true and word not already been leaked.  

I've always felt that until the roof and video display structure construction is completed there's a decent chance of further delays due to the complexity of the construction of those elements, but if it were definitely known at this point that the stadium wouldn't be open until next Fall (or later) it seems unlikely that could be kept under wraps for long.  

Like everyone else I hope whomever told you there's going to be further delays is wrong.

#38 zzbaron

zzbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

Not caring where the team plays and the amount we paid to watch the games at the new stadium (and being advertised as such) are two independent things. No one should confuse the two.

#39 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMilton, Georgia

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:33 PM

Any way you slice it, at the very least, the first part of the season will definitely not be played at the MB. Outside of that this has been some interesting rumor mill stuff. At this point I'm willing to wait for some solid info first.

• CoachJD and HappiestofJoes like this

#40 brewman

brewman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:19 PM

In an earlier post on this thread I cast doubt on CherryGhost's information that Atl Utd wouldn't play any games in the Benz in 2017.  New information from an article referenced in this thread  (see post #5) contains a quote by Darren Eales which seems to imply there's a possibility Atl Utd won't play at all in 2017 (or at least sets the groundwork for a disappointing announcement).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users