8 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSnellville, GA

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:16 PM

Orlando City was set to start play in their new soccer-specific stadium this year, BUT, as we AUFC fans can attest, construction delays can be a real pain. They will continue to play at the Citrus Bowl Stadium for the entirety of the 2016 MLS season.

Taking a look for comparison sake at their new stadium, I have to say I'm impressed. They will have a capacity of 25,500 and have capped their season ticket sales at 18K....which they have already reached. They are now taking deposits on a seaon ticket waiting list.

Like our stadium, they have two decks, though their outdoor grass field stadium certainly appears to have more of a European soccer 'feel' to it. For one, the rows (especially those in the upper deck) are angled much more steeply than at Mercedes Benz Stadium and have that feeling as if the stands are almost right on top of the field. They also will have canopies that extend into the stands from the top of the stadium...which I would imagine is really a necessity in a hot-humid town like Orlando. Also, like Mercedes Benz, their supporters section only has just one level of seating allowing for a single flow of standing fans.

They have not yet announced ticket prices for their new stadium...though from what I hear they expect their supporters section to be higher than ours.

Orlando City SC Stadium

NE_FullStadium.jpg

• SteveH likes this

#2 elevenrising

elevenrising

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationHazlehurst, GA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:55 AM

It's a thing of beauty. They are doing things right down there.

It wouldn't surprise me if their first game in the new stadium is OCSC vs. Atlanta United FC.
  • SteveH likes this

#3 JohnCropp

JohnCropp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationAthens, Ga

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:28 AM

I'd love to see them add canopies to protect from the sun and rain while enhancing the crowd noise.

As nice as this place is, it seems very quaint compared to the spaceship we'll be flying!

• Jeff likes this

#4 zzbaron

zzbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:33 PM

Looks like they don't have the dead spots on the corner kicks like we do.  

#5 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSnellville, GA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

As nice as this place is, it seems very quaint compared to the spaceship we'll be flying!

Well said.

• JohnCropp likes this

#6 JBAustin

JBAustin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:00 PM

I'd love to see them add canopies to protect from the sun and rain while enhancing the crowd noise.

It does, but as this is just an over view for the 3d seat map, similar to the one for the Benz, those are not seen in that image.

#7 SteveH

SteveH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCumming, Ga

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:26 PM

I love that stadium  It reminds me so much of a smaller club such as Norwich, Southhampton, Crystal Palace.  Would love to see Atlanta in a place like that instead of playing in the neighbors (Falcons) backyard...

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:44 PM

http://footballtripp...um-millwall-fc/

reminds me of The Den!

#9 JMallam97

JMallam97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:45 PM

Where should Be the ATLUTD supporters and Fans be when we have a road game against them?

- Jonathan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users