#1 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMilton, Georgia

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

Should be an entertaining tournament. Not sure how the teams have prepped for this one. Hope US represents well. After the 4-0 blowout with Bolivia I feel better about their chances but I'm still wary. 
http://www.ca2016.co...chedule_Eng.pdf

#2 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

Bolivia has only won 2 games in the last 18 months.

I wasn't impressed with the passing in the final 3rd of either until the subs came in, especially Nagbe.

Starting with Columbia is going to hurt. If we can get at least a draw with Columbia, I think we will have a good chance. If we lose, there will be a lot to overcome.

logo-boards.png

#3 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

Granted Boliva is bad but I thought this guy had some really good points to build on from the win:
http://www.foxsports...-are-bad-052816

Also I'm very impressed with Fox's coverage of the tournament:
http://www.ussoccer....rica-centenario

#4 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:53 PM

All Rosenblatt talked about was the goals. It was everything else about the game that bothers me. Except for Bradley playing in the 6, that was great to see!

logo-boards.png

#5 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

Went to US Soccer for a Copa update... zzzzz I refuse to go to ESPN (political hack-tivists).
Decent write up from Bleacher Report: http://bleacherrepor...he-copa-america

Surprised no one else from AU fandom is chipping in on this big tournament.

#6 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:40 AM

I just hope we have a better showing than what we did in the Gold Cup, because that was pathetic. I also hope Klinnsman will use some of the younger guys as more than just subs to get them real experience before the next round of WC qualifiers so we can go through with confidence into the WC in two years.

• Gr8Force likes this

#7 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:41 PM

DirtySouthSoccer threw out some picks predicting the Winner, Golden Boot and Dark Horse for the cup.
http://www.dirtysout...rica-centenario

Here's my picks (not that it means much but let's have fun with it):

Winner - Gotta go with Argentina. They have a ton of talent and momentum.

Golden Boot - Some may think I'm reaching here but I don't think so. Chicharito! Javier has been on fire and is on a team that is on fire. Perfect combination for the award.

Dark Horse - Tough one but I'm going with Mexico. They'll have a massive following, they're playing great and have a ton of confidence. The US? I'll be happy if we make it to the second round. Anything more than that is pure gravy.

#8 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:33 AM

US-Colombia
Not impressed with US performance but not disappointed either. The US was a little unlucky and the breaks went Colombia's way more often than not. With that said it should've been a 1-1 result.

#9 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

Not a terrible performance against the #3 in the world. Still, plenty of room for improvement. Next up is Costa Rica. I think the boys are in a good state of mind knowing they can take care of business in that match.

Tonight's matches:
Costa Rica v Paraguay - I'll take CR 2-1
Haiti v Peru - Peru 2-0
Brazil v Ecuador - Brazil 3-0

• CoachJD likes this

#10 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:36 PM

Wow! Not even close! In one way it's great to learn how unpredictable this great sport can be. In another way it's frustrating at how bad I am at picking them!

A telling match for the US as they got to see everything Costa Rica and Paraguay had. Neither team had much of an attack.

So is Haiti that good or is Peru not so good? I think Peru couldn't get it in gear. Haiti was on their heals the entire match. 
I feel bad for Ecuador. They rightly deserved the win. I don't know how in the world that could've been called out of play.

Today's matches:

Venezuela v Jamaica - dramatic defensive play, non-existent offensive show results in 0-0 draw.
Uruguay v Mexico - Best match of the tournament yet. Dramatic 2-1 win for Mexico proving they're for real.

• CoachJD likes this

#11 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:13 PM

I think Mexico wins as well. I like your score of 2-1. I think Jamaica wins 1-0 with their pace. 

• Gr8Force likes this

logo-boards.png

#12 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:04 AM

Jamaica got screwed with that call but they weren't doing a whole lot even before that. They definitely had the speed, size and power but Venezuela had the foot work, passing and team movement. If Jamaica could've kept 11 then maybe a tie. Maybe.

• CoachJD likes this

#13 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:07 AM

Holy cow! What a match! 3-1 does not even come close to the true story. Mexico got lucky. Uruguay played beautifully up until the 2nd and 3rd goals and deserved a point. I'm at a loss at how they did not score more goals. Somehow they fell apart at the end there and Mexico brought a massive amount of pressure to win it. 2 red cards. I have no idea at how many yellow cards. Both teams will have to be very careful going forward or they may not be able to field a team!

• CoachJD likes this

#14 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:03 AM

That Mexico-Uruguay game was by far the best game of the tournament so far. Great game. 

logo-boards.png

#15 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:05 PM

Man the J.O.B. puts a real cramp in following the Copa!  :lol:

Today's matches
Panama v Bolivia - A brilliant execution of futility. Um, Panama 2-1

Argentina v Chile - Should be a much more entertaining match. Argentina 2-1

• CoachJD likes this

#16 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:50 AM

Nailed those two! See what I mean about this sport? One moment you think you've got it figured out and you discover you were clueless. The next moment you've nailed it and look insightful as hell. Go figure.  :lol:

#17 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:02 AM

Today's matches:
US v Costa Rica - They know each other very well so no surprises here. Another hard fought match US 2-1
Colombia v Paraguay - Colombia cruises to a 3-0 win.

#18 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

This article is one of the best things I have read during the Copa America. It is perfect! Fernando Fiore has been amazingly great!

• AtlPA, millzombie and Gr8Force like this

logo-boards.png

#19 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:14 PM

Even with a 4-0 win vs. the Tikos we gave the ball away far too often and looked extremely weak, the back line kicked the ball forward with no purpose the majority of the time. It reminds me of when I played soccer as a kid and you had that one parent who anytime a full back got the ball he would yell "boot it, boot it hard". I also think the only reason Columbia didn't completely maul us the other night was that they looked a little flat and not really fired for the game, if we would have played them 2nd instead of 1st I have a feeling we would have been made to look much worse.  Is it just me or do we look pretty bad as a team and play with little to no purpose?

#20 Guest_Gr8Force_*

Guest_Gr8Force_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:56 PM

This article is one of the best things I have read during the Copa America. It is perfect! Fernando Fiore has been amazingly great!

I've loved watching him on this tournament! He adds so freaking much great personality to Fox's coverage.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users