Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMilton, Georgia

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

Whoops! I forgot to log in first.

I haven't watched either game from yesterday. I had to record them. I'll watch them this afternoon and get back to y'all.

#22 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:04 PM

The truth is, unfortunately, the US squad really isn't as good as people think or want them to be. The CRC game was a mess. The average American soccer supporter just wants results though, aka we won so all is well now, lets advance! That isn't the case. The game was a mess. US is behind the rest of the world as far as playing ability, skill, and style. US doesn't even have a style right now. We can't posses, nor can we actually defend well. 

Here is the real surprise for most people. It isn't JKs fault. JK doesn't develop players. Mostly the MLS/USSF/US Soccer does through the DAs. Developmentally, we are behind... I have proof too, but am kind of trying to get it published... Not finished with it yet either. 

This is why it is so crucial for Atlanta United to already be working on their Academy. Hopefully Atlanta United's Academy goes the way LA Galaxy's Academy is going, they are the top DA in the nation. 

• AtlPA likes this

logo-boards.png

#23 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:28 PM

It's not like Costa Rica didn't have their chances. There moments where it felt like the US backline just laid down to let CRC do what they wanted. Unfortunately for CRC they did not capitalize on their chances. They did not convert what should've been at least 2 goals. The US absolutely took advantage of all their chances. Then again, that's what makes the difference between winning and losing. Yes, it was sloppy but it was a clean sheet and I'll take it!

Of course we would like the US to be better! Half the time that's why we love the chant "We believe that we will win" because sometimes that's all we got going into some of these matches. I'm not a fool to think we're going to get the same result against Paraguay. If we put in the same performance against them and they put in the same performance they just did against Colombia then it could quite easily be a losing effort. However, the pressure will be on them. They just got through gassing themselves against Colombia. They have to win. We get through with a tie. So I'm good with a 0-0 on that match.

Tonight's matches:
Brazil v Haiti - This should be an easy one for Brazil but... Brazil 2-1

Ecuador v Peru - This should be a little more competitive but not by much. Peru 2-1

#24 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:39 PM

Tonight's matches:
Brazil v Haiti - This should be an easy one for Brazil but... Brazil 2-1

Ecuador v Peru - This should be a little more competitive but not by much. Peru 2-1

I say Brazil scores at least 3 maybe 4. They should be somewhat mad after last game. 

Ecuador wins 2-1. 

• Gr8Force likes this

logo-boards.png

#25 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:37 AM

Well... 3 or 4 wasn't high enough... 7-1. Wow. 

logo-boards.png

#26 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:06 PM

I know right?!!!

#27 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:26 PM

The truth is, unfortunately, the US squad really isn't as good as people think or want them to be. The CRC game was a mess. The average American soccer supporter just wants results though, aka we won so all is well now, lets advance! That isn't the case. The game was a mess. US is behind the rest of the world as far as playing ability, skill, and style. US doesn't even have a style right now. We can't posses, nor can we actually defend well. 

Here is the real surprise for most people. It isn't JKs fault. JK doesn't develop players. Mostly the MLS/USSF/US Soccer does through the DAs. Developmentally, we are behind... I have proof too, but am kind of trying to get it published... Not finished with it yet either. 

This is why it is so crucial for Atlanta United to already be working on their Academy. Hopefully Atlanta United's Academy goes the way LA Galaxy's Academy is going, they are the top DA in the nation. 

You are absolutely correct about the lack of development with youth players, we are decades behind other countries.  I coached my son's team when he was 3 and opened the door to passing, the difference between offense and defense and certain players getting back to protect and the kids actually understood, we weren't keeping score due to the age but we only allowed one goal all season and scored at least 5 goals a game. The league frowned on me giving the kids instruction like that because quote "youth soccer is supposed to be fun and not really competitive". We switched leagues the following year it is the same way with the lack of competition. How are the kids going to progress and become better players if you don't teach the fundamentals from the get go? It is harder to break bad habits learned from a coach who doesn't understand the game than it is to teach skills and develop a soccer mind from the start. If kids start playing the game with the idea of moving into space after they pass the ball and it isn't something they will think about it will become second nature to move to and make space. I think part of the problem is we start developing players way too late, we need to start at the beginning at the foundation and make sure it is strong and build from there. Another problem I see here in the USA that hurts us is the pay to play mentality, we let a lot of good players slip through cracks because they can't afford to pay $800 a season to be on an good select team with a solid coach. Sorry for the long rant but I don't think we will be competitive with the world super powers of soccer until we get the youth development on track.

• Gr8Force likes this

#28 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

Real life has taken over. Have watched only one match since US match. The good thing is I have them all recorded. The bad news is I don't have enough time to watch them all. Must use discretion. Hmmmm.....

#29 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:30 PM

Just watched the Colombia v Paraguay match. We'll definitely have to play our A-game against Paraguay. They easily have enough to beat us even without our help.

#30 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:50 PM

Ok, all caught up and ready for US v Paraguay. This will be a tough one. After watching all four teams go at it for games 1 & 2 a lot of the outcome is going to be based on how much the teams are in a groove. Strategy wise I suspect both teams will press high to pressure one of them to break first. Paraguay had a better match against Colombia than we did but if Paraguay brings the team that showed up against Costa Rica then we're going to have a much easier time. I'm still predicting a 2-1 US victory. I think the boys are shooting for nothing but a win.

• CoachJD likes this

#31 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:27 AM

Got the spread right and the team did pretty good for the most part. There were some obvious issues at times (Bradley, Johnson & Zardes can't pass worth sh!t and Yedlin... wth) but they held tight for almost an entire half a man down. Good enough to move on but they'll be without the services of Yedlin and I think Jones (2 yellows). And now Costa Rica is beating Colombia?!!!

#32 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:26 AM

Un-freaking-buh-lee-vuh-bul!!!

#33 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

US wins their division. Brazil is out of the tournament. What madness does today's matches bring us? Thankfully these next two groups are pretty much decided. Should be a great match tonight Mexico v Venezuela 

#34 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

Ecuador will be an extremely difficult match up. Probably the hardest team we have played in the tournament including Columbia, who doesn't look as strong as they should. Put aside the friendly before the tournament. If we don't play as good or better than we did against Paraguay, it may not be a fun game to watch. 

It is going to suck not have the pace of Yedlin in this game. Ecuador is so fast. 

• AtlPA and Gr8Force like this

logo-boards.png

#35 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

We will have to play better than we did against Paraguay, in my opinion Ecuador is the toughest team in their group. Coach could be right, this may suck without Yedlin's speed.

#36 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:03 AM

So here is how I really feel about Thursday night. Check it out and let me know in the comments what you think. 

logo-boards.png

#37 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:23 AM

I like the qualifier "statistically". And it fully describes the US team that everyone loves to bash because darn it, they're just not that good. Well here they are winning the group after what everyone called a dismal performance against Colombia, a given win against Costa Rica who didn't even show up and a lucky win against Paraguay. So sure, let's go with grit because I'm tired of the bashing. It's a much better description of US soccer than "lucky" because darn it, they are pretty good. That means they have a decent chance against Ecuador if they keep believing in themselves and play their A game. I'm going with US 1-0.

#38 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:32 AM

I think it is a 1-0 game no matter who wins. I hope we win of course. Both teams are probably going to start conservative and the ball will probably be in the middle of the pitch a lot. I dont see many attacking 3rd forays until after the first 25 minutes. 

logo-boards.png

#39 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:15 PM

Ecuador has been better and more consistent than Columbia and like Coach said in his article, they are killing it in WCQ. This team is on fire and could very well punish us with their speed and class. We will have to play a lot better than we have against the other three teams we have faced if we want to move on. 

I do hope we can grind it out and pick up the win and prove me wrong about the level of play being so low.

#40 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:48 PM

I do hope we can grind it out and pick up the win and prove me wrong about the level of play being so low.

We could still grind out a win with the quality of play being low. Tomorrow night will be a grind though for sure.

logo-boards.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users