18 replies to this topic

#1 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:07 PM

Iceland: How amazing is this!

Unbelievable... Iceland has somewhere between 330K and 350K people... And they are playing in the Euros... Imagine what a good coaching reform and license accessibility could do for US! Along with other changes that need to happen... 

• AtlPA likes this

logo-boards.png

#2 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMilton, Georgia

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:29 PM

"Most of the creativity comes from Gylfi Sigurdsson of Swansea City, whose dead-ball prowess is a major weapon." Love it! Go you Swans!!!

Wish I could watch the group play in this tournament but I kind of want to stay married too. Will pick up playoffs after Copa is over

#3 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:40 AM

"Most of the creativity comes from Gylfi Sigurdsson of Swansea City, whose dead-ball prowess is a major weapon." Love it! Go you Swans!!!

Wish I could watch the group play in this tournament but I kind of want to stay married too. Will pick up playoffs after Copa is over

I started training my wife once we started dating she knows the excuse "this tournament only happens every two or four years" and just goes with it. She knows she can bitch about me watching every game that comes on and I am still going to watch or she can just let me watch with the false idea that she can change the channel at any time...

• CoachJD and Gr8Force like this

#4 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:14 PM

Ok, now that the Copa is winding down this weekend I'll now have time to catch up on Euro and watch the playoff round. Go Wales! Go Irish!

#5 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:48 PM

So first match of the day is Poland - Switzerland and I have no idea how this is going to go. Coffee is on. Bfast is done. Ton of work to do around the house.

#6 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

With Fabianski in goal I gotta pull for my Swansea man and Poland.

#7 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:59 PM

Weird match. Poland dominated the first half. Swiss did the second. Fabianski is player of the match even taking in Shaqiri's amazing goal. Hate that it comes down to PK's. Onward to the quarters for Poland. A very respectable tournament for Switzerland.

Next up Wales - Northern Ireland. Go Wales! and all the Swansea players! I say 2-0 Welsh just because I have no idea how it will really turn out. Is this mic on?

#8 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:58 PM

Wow was that a snoozer of a match or what? Glad Wales won but I seriously doubt they'll prevail at the next round with a similar performance.

Next up Croatia - Portugal. Portugal wakes up and takes it 2-0

• CoachJD likes this

#9 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:48 PM

Yea... Wales/N.Ireland was not a good game. Wales played great against Russia, then do that... If they play like that in the next game, they will lose. 

Portugal/Croatia should be a really good game. Croatia win 2-1. 

logo-boards.png

#10 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

It am looking forward to watching England v Iceland today, could be a good game.

• Gr8Force likes this

#11 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:55 AM

Wow! Iceland! Right?! Now to watch the game I recorded earlier.

#12 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

Iceland has a tough game coming up against France, they are quality. Germany v Italy should be a good game also.

• CoachJD likes this

#13 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:35 AM

Saw the Iceland/England match finally. Who was that team that had the English kits? They looked a lot like players we all know but their play betrayed them as imposters. Seriously, they looked like a bad version of the US team.

• CoachJD likes this

#14 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

Some of the guys taking PKs yesterday really sucked! Did you guys see Germany vs. Italy?

#15 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:02 AM

No. I just got back to civilization and have yet to see any matches or even know what the hell is going on.  :angry:  And tomorrow doesn't look so good either with a full day of activities planned. 

#16 AtlPA

AtlPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDetroit Sub

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:22 AM

France looks pretty dangerous, playing at home, might win the cup?

#17 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:29 AM

Finally caught up on the scores. Yep, France took Iceland out behind the woodshed. Iceland had a flatout amazing tournament. Their strategies and execution will be poured over by many teams and managers trying to see how they can apply that to their teams. Germany gets by a rejuvenated Italian team only to face France in the semifinals in what many are claiming to be the true final. Granted I don't have a lot of confidence in either Wales or Portugal to beat the winner in the final but that's why we play the game.

#18 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:06 AM

Believe it or not I just now finished watching a recording of the final. Welcome to life with kids. What a relatively boring performance but I think that's merely because both teams were so good defensively that they negated the offenses. It was nice to see a Swansea man step up and represent. Did anyone else think Portugal and Iceland had very similar strategies by loading up the D line? It seemed both ran a 5-4-1, counted on the counter strike and just packed it in on D.

#19 millzombie

millzombie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:37 PM

Believe it or not I just now finished watching a recording of the final. Welcome to life with kids. What a relatively boring performance but I think that's merely because both teams were so good defensively that they negated the offenses. It was nice to see a Swansea man step up and represent. Did anyone else think Portugal and Iceland had very similar strategies by loading up the D line? It seemed both ran a 5-4-1, counted on the counter strike and just packed it in on D.

I find it funny that Cristiano Ronaldo was so critical of how Iceland played and then his team did almost the exact same thing

• Gr8Force likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users