#1 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:56 PM

As posted in another thread:

Talked to a few sth's today and several have contacted lawyers after the team has refused any type of refund request. According to these folks, a group of 10-15 STH are contemplating filing a lawsuit against ATLUTD for breach of contract, fraudulent misrepresentations and other equitable relief.

Not exactly great PR for the team.

ATLUTD's non-response to this is mind boggling. They are underestimating many STH's anger and frustration. Contrary to the team's belief, this is not simply going away. Nor should it.

Please PM me if you would like more information about the proposed lawsuit.
  • CherryGhost, AlexissGomy, AndreDug and 9 others like this

#2 zzbaron

zzbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 03:14 PM

It was my understanding United would contact all of us in the next week or so regarding the temporary stadium seating issues. Am I incorrect on the timing of that call? I'd like to give the sales team an opportunity to make this right before other avenues of resolution are pursued.

• millzombie likes this

#3 brewman

brewman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

Seems like they could spend way more in legal fees than they spent on tickets.  What's the point?

• CAllen91 and candyman132 like this

#4 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:56 PM

Official announcement from Atlanta United:

I talked to Matt Moore, the manager of Digital and Social Media, and Atlanta United is happy to discuss these things with season ticket holders. Season ticket holders can call Keith Roberts, Head of Tickets, directly and get more information from him. Keith can be reached at 678-420-7229. 

logo-boards.png

#5 Capitalist

Capitalist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationMonroe GA

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:16 PM

Waiting to hear from Keith before I post his office number to Facebook page...

Capitalist3.png

#6 elevenrising

elevenrising

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationHazlehurst, GA

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:50 AM

For those who call, please let us know what you find out.

#7 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

Based on ATLUTD's paltry response, it looks like this is going forward. Really pathetic that, after pulling this epic bait and switch, the fraudsters at ATLUTD are refusing refunds for people who have no interest going to games at a bush league facility and funding a bush league institution.

The dishonesty and greed of ATLUTD is unbelievable and will apparently be sorted out in Fulton County Superior Court.

#8 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:15 PM

K... good luck with that.

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#9 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:49 PM

Will most likely be relying on contract law more than luck, but thank you!

#10 Capitalist

Capitalist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationMonroe GA

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:51 AM

Waiting to hear from Keith before I post his office number to Facebook page...

No call back... Not gonna call again...

Capitalist3.png

#11 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:43 PM

It's a slow day at work and since this whole forum is basically dead unless people are discussing their laments about the stadium... imma poke the bear cub here...

How did all of this work out? Based on another user's experience in getting a refund on all their games at BDS, I'd wager that it isn't going anywhere (not that I thought it was ever anything more than an overreaction).

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#12 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:33 AM

Demand letter was sent. ATLUTD capitulated and is offering full refunds to all STH's for Bobby Dodd Stadium seats.

#13 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:58 AM

By "demand letter" and "capitulated" I'm sure you actually mean, "sent an angry email" and "acted as any business would when someone wants a refund".

Drop the crap.

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#14 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

You asked and I answered. Don't be and-bag just because the facts don't fit with your homespun narrative.

#15 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

Welcome to the internet, you must be new. People aren't going to take your word as gospel of you don't have something to back it up-no matter what you've been right about before. So don't get so offended that you feel you want to call people names when your contradicted. Your credibility only goes so far as your keyboard without evidence.
So with nothing to back it up, I'll continue to make this "homespun narrative" because I think you're full of it. The attitude you've put into this forum is poison and it's driving people away, so I'll continue to feed the trolls so maybe people will start getting involved again outside of a news update here and there.
This team has made some great achievements and failures these last couple years before even stepping on the field. When they've failed the customer, they've tried to make it right and from the looks of things, the masses seem to be OK with it.
So tell me, is my opinion of your claims any more "homespun" than your narrative that this team is only out to steal your money and leave you high and dry? Their work in the community of Atlanta and product they're trying to put together (despite the stadium delays) really say other wise.

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#16 zzbaron

zzbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

I think when it comes to assembling the best team for success AB is willing to do what it takes to win. No one can dispute it. When it comes to the fans and how the team has treated them is where the perceived bitterness comes from.

I wish the team the best success on the field. Fans will vote with their wallets if they are willing to support the team and by how much.

Ways to guage fan interest is season ticket sales and then renewals for the following year. Amount of memorabilia purchases. Anything else?

I haven't heard any statistics regarding kit sales. I'm curious what % of season ticket holders have used their memorabilia discounts. Curious how our kit purchases stack up with Orlando or Seattle.

In my opinion if ticket renewals and memorabilia purchases are above MLS averages than I'm sure AB would be pleased. If we are in the top 10% then something truly special is happening here in ATL. However, if we are lagging compared to our peers than one could suggest the founders club manipulation / stadium delays have taken a tole on the fan base.

Anyone have any statistics besides the initial season ticket sales?

#17 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

Spin it any way you want, but the fact remains that ATLUTD was using the new dome to attract season ticket buyers when they knew it would not be ready.

Then, they required STH's to pay MB Dome prices for Bobby Dodd stadium amenities. At best, that's bushleague.

At worst, it's fraudulent inducement/deceptive marketing.

Feel free to continue to push your agenda as an ATLUTD apologist, but don't blame the messenger for calling the team out for its dishonesty and greedy tactics with its prospective fanbase.

You're naive (among other things) to think that a single poster (not Poster) is driving all the traffic away from this website. Instead, the team and its apologists should look in the mirror and acknowledge the very bad behavior that has turned off a number of potential fans.

It's sad that the team only did the right thing when threatened with litigation.

#18 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:48 PM

Spin it any way you want, but the fact remains that ATLUTD was using the new dome to attract season ticket buyers when they knew it would not be ready.

Then, they required STH's to pay MB Dome prices for Bobby Dodd stadium amenities. At best, that's bushleague.

At worst, it's fraudulent inducement/deceptive marketing.

Feel free to continue to push your agenda as an ATLUTD apologist, but don't blame the messenger for calling the team out for its dishonesty and greedy tactics with its prospective fanbase.

You're naive (among other things) to think that a single poster (not Poster) is driving all the traffic away from this website. Instead, the team and its apologists should look in the mirror and acknowledge the very bad behavior that has turned off a number of potential fans.

It's sad that the team only did the right thing when threatened with litigation.

Let's start with the MB stadium prices for BDS amenities... how is it bushleage or even fraudulent if they offered a discounted ticket price for those games? I realize the fairness would be subjective, but the fact remains that they offered something to ease the value lost... so either you ignored that for the sake of YOUR agenda or you're full of it.
Also, where's this number of potential fans that've been turned off??? Pretty sure the season ticket sales haven't budged much (if at all) after all of the delays came about.
No, it's not a single poster driving the traffic away from this forum (though I'd love to hear what else you'd say about me if you thought I believed that), it's been the consistent complaining about the stadium delays with no care for other news about the team. And you sir (or madam), have been the loudest. Thank goodness Capitalist posted a link to some recent news stories or else it really would look like no ATLUTD fan cares anymore (that is, if they're ignoring all other social media and Reddit).

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#19 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

Let's start with the MB stadium prices for BDS amenities... how is it bushleage or even fraudulent if they offered a discounted ticket price for those games

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear to be a simpleton than open it and remove all doubt."

So, let me dumb it down for you:

If you agreed to buy a Porsche from me for $50,000 and I knew (at the time I was advertising the sale of a Porsche) that I was going to be delivering a Yugo, I would be committing fraud - regardless of what after the fact "discount" I offered you once the sale had been completed and I had taken your money (and only after being threatened with a lawsuit).

ATLUTD acted in bad faith, tarnished its brand and damaged its relationship with fledging fans. Apparently, some people (like you) don't mind being lied to.

Thus the expression, a fool and his money are soon parted.

#20 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear to be a simpleton than open it and remove all doubt."

So, let me dumb it down for you:

If you agreed to buy a Porsche from me for $50,000 and I knew (at the time I was advertising the sale of a Porsche) that I was going to be delivering a Yugo, I would be committing fraud - regardless of what after the fact "discount" I offered you once the sale had been completed and I had taken your money (and only after being threatened with a lawsuit).

ATLUTD acted in bad faith, tarnished its brand and damaged its relationship with fledging fans. Apparently, some people (like you) don't mind being lied to.

Thus the expression, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Ok let me lay this out for you then because you always seem to ignore the fact that there could be any reason for the change other than your own assumptions. (there's an old saying about assuming things isn't there?)

The team collected funds with full intention of a backloaded home schedule. That's what they publicly announced, so that is what we're going to accept as fact here. A new coach comes in and most likely pushes a second option of having a balanced schedule, so the team agrees to this in order to benefit the product on the field and allow for fans to see the team at home sooner than expected. The team comes out and says "oops, plans have changed, we realize this pisses you off, so here's something in return".

That's not fraud, that's negotiating the waters of being the little brother in a bigger organization that's just starting out. But you apparently want to continue to not look at the whole picture from all sides.

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users