#21 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear to be a simpleton than open it and remove all doubt."

So, let me dumb it down for you:

If you agreed to buy a Porsche from me for $50,000 and I knew (at the time I was advertising the sale of a Porsche) that I was going to be delivering a Yugo, I would be committing fraud - regardless of what after the fact "discount" I offered you once the sale had been completed and I had taken your money (and only after being threatened with a lawsuit).

ATLUTD acted in bad faith, tarnished its brand and damaged its relationship with fledging fans. Apparently, some people (like you) don't mind being lied to.

Thus the expression, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Ok let me lay this out for you then because you always seem to ignore the fact that there could be any reason for the change other than your own assumptions. (there's an old saying about assuming things isn't there?)

The team collected funds with full intention of a backloaded home schedule. That's what they publicly announced, so that is what we're going to accept as fact here. A new coach comes in and most likely pushes a second option of having a balanced schedule, so the team agrees to this in order to benefit the product on the field and allow for fans to see the team at home sooner than expected. The team comes out and says "oops, plans have changed, we realize this pisses you off, so here's something in return".

That's not fraud, that's negotiating the waters of being the little brother in a bigger organization that's just starting out. But you apparently want to continue to not look at the whole picture from all sides.
  • Gr8Force, AndreDug, Groverfrerm and 7 others like this

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#22 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:54 PM

So in summary, you have a very good grasp of the definition of and a textbook example of fraud, but fall short in real world application. Which is why if this lawsuit threat was real and you had actually moved forward with it, it wouldn't have gone very far with a judge.
  • CAllen91 likes this

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#23 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:47 PM

You ignore the facts, which I brought to light on these very boards, back in March, 2016 -- when they were NOT publicly known. The team continued to mislead the public at that time when, privately, they were acknowledging that games would be played in a venue other than the MB dome.

You and others vehemently denied the facts then and are still covering for the team and buying in to the false narrative now.

I've been saying this for 8 months.

Your version is nothing more than a revisionist pitch which ignores how things actually went down and how they were (mis) handled by the team.

But, opinions are like a$$holes I guess.

#24 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:28 PM

You ignore the facts, which I brought to light on these very boards, back in March, 2016 -- when they were NOT publicly known. The team continued to mislead the public at that time when, privately, they were acknowledging that games would be played in a venue other than the MB dome.

You and others vehemently denied the facts then and are still covering for the team and buying in to the false narrative now.

I'm not denying that the team said the stadium was still on track in march, they did however, eventually say that there would be delays and a backloaded home schedule. Since there's no ACTUAL proof to the otherwise, us "apologists" tend to think the team didn't know for certain that the delays would occur as drastically they did, so they took up the ticket sales and stayed the course.
The burden of proof is on those think they were doing this fraudulently. Though you were correct that there would be delays, you've never once provided PROOF that the team was swindling people out of their money.
  • Gr8Force likes this

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#25 zzbaron

zzbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:49 AM

I'm pretty sure when we all first started to select our seat assignments there was no mention of any possible delay of the stadium. CG knew before anyone (or the first to publicly admit) that there was no way the stadium would be built on time. Full priced season tickets continued to be sold and advertised that all games would be played at the Benz when it fact there was no way that was going to happen. Reread all the old threads. CG was spot on. I agree this person maybe isn't the most tactful person here and as a result could rub some people the wrong way. The reality is they were correct for better or worse.

I'd still like to know how successful our merchandise sales have been and the redemption rates on the founders club oops we messed up discount. If the redemption rate is anything less than 100% then United has officially swindled people by knowingly charging a higher priced ticket for an inferior venue. I'm also curious how many people will end up using their extra tickets. I bet you the redemption rate on that will be even lower than the merchandise discount redemption.

#26 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:08 AM

I'm not following your point on the redemption rate for the discount. Do you mean people using it? Every season ticket holder will be getting a portion of the ticket price credit back in there account, right? Sure it's not 100%, but we're talking about several months of attending matches they wouldn't/couldn't afford to give that for free.

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#27 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDallas, GA

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:58 AM

I can't speak to everyone's experience but I remember specifically that I was told when I bought my season tickets that there was the distinct possibility the new stadium may not be finished and exactly what would be done to compensate me was not yet clear. I was fine with that because I purchased my tickets to lock in the future, not just the first few games. I knew there would be something coming as a refund and, honestly, I believe what they did was fair. I'm good with it.

• Gr8Force likes this

#28 zzbaron

zzbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:32 AM

The merchandise discount in conjunction with extra seats and $15 off a ticket. Those three things are suppose to offset initially paying a premium priced ticket to a world class venue. If people don't use all three discounts then United has succeeded in swindling extra revenue from a ticket at second rate stadium. A $15 reduction in price alone just doesn't cut it for a club season ticket holder. The quality of seats along with the extra perks between both stadiums is night and day.

No mention of a delay was disclosed at my time of purchase. But then again I was part of the original 5k founders club that got extended multiple times over.

#29 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:01 PM

The merchandise discount in conjunction with extra seats and $15 off a ticket. Those three things are suppose to offset initially paying a premium priced ticket to a world class venue. If people don't use all three discounts then United has succeeded in swindling extra revenue from a ticket at second rate stadium.

That'd be the fault of the consumer though for not using any of the discounts. At that point the customer has swindled himself by not listening. That's not really shady IMO.

But again, the actual amount/price discounted really is subjective and can't ever make everyone happy.
  • Gr8Force likes this

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#30 zzbaron

zzbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:42 AM

If the consumer doesn't utilize these discounts (to be clear they are unsolicited discounts that was never on the table during the initial season ticket purchase/contract) then it's because the discounts offered by United are crap. If they were good everyone would cash in on them.

#31 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

Not sure why anyone is taking any of this personally. People are allowed to have their own opinions on the matter. 

How each of us spend our own money is for us to decided. Props to you, CG(and those you are with), for sending a legal notice and getting money back.

How or why that should bother anyone is beyond me. No matter how you personally view it, this whole situation looks bad for the team from my perspective. I think they have dealt with the cards handed to them with bluffs and other shenanigans. There are a couple of good things and a couple of bad things. 

But how other people get this situation dealt with to fit them has nothing to do with me or how I feel about the situation. 

logo-boards.png

#32 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for the input coach, but this is a message board and if I want to express an opinion that a particular user is a turd, I'm going to do so. If that eventually gets me kicked off, so be it.
  • CAllen91 and Gr8Force like this

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#33 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:48 AM

Never said you couldn't express an opinion. I just think it is funny that you are so spiteful about it all. He can do as he wants. You can do as you want.

Rant away for all I care as long as your not cursing each other out or whatever. I will enjoy it with some popcorn and laugh at all of it. 

logo-boards.png

#34 Tom

Tom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationChatsworth, GA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

I'm just glad to see some life in the 'ole forum...May next year it be about what to do with our winnings. United is currently 100:1 on winning the MLS Cup this year:)

#35 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDallas, GA

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:26 AM

I'm just glad to see some life in the 'ole forum...May next year it be about what to do with our winnings. United is currently 100:1 on winning the MLS Cup this year:)

Good point, Tom. For what it's worth, I would be happy if we: 1) kick Team Mickey's arse EVERY SINGLE TIME; and 2) are a playoff contender. I'm not even saying we make the playoffs, but if we are a contender to get there, I'm considering it a very successful year 1. 

#36 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:53 AM

Don't worry about him coach. He's just another snowflake that views every countervailing opinion as a "microaggression."

Sometimes millennial angst manifests itself with such manchild-like outbursts.

Probably had his mom tell him to move the skateboard ramp out of the driveway about the same time he realized he couldn't make a living off his rope swing GoPro videos.

#37 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

Haha it took you over a week to come up with something and you resort to name calling? My wittle snowflake feelings are hurting so much! I don't know what I'll do!
I'll just have to get a lawyer and sue for emotional distress I guess. Because probably the only way to get my way.
  • Gr8Force likes this

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#38 UScasual38

UScasual38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:37 PM

And rope swing GoPro videos are so 2015..

GATA

Bury me in red and gold.

#39 CherryGhost

CherryGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 12:39 AM

And rope swing GoPro videos are so 2015..

lol - happy new year.

#40 Lucas

Lucas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

Not a match has been played and you guys are fighting. This will be one heck of a year!

From the 2 other ST Holders I know, we have all been refunded 10% of the matches being played at Bobby Dodd. I'm not even sure why people were so upset, Bobby Dodd is a quality place to watch a soccer match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users