#1 Tom

Tom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationChatsworth, GA

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

Klinsmann out. There may be hope for USMNT after all. Suggestions for a long term coaching solution?

#2 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:58 PM

Probably Bruce arena for now.

If you think this is a long term fix and that magically US soccer is going to suddenly improve, think again.

There are many more problems than just the head coach. This is just taking off an old band aid and putting on another old one.

logo-boards.png

#3 brewman

brewman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:20 PM

Klinsmann had clearly lost the trust of the players, and needed to go.

#4 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMilton, Georgia

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:13 PM

Klinsy is a great talent scout. I would hope they can retain his input on that front. Arena knows CONCACAF so that will bode well for qualifying for WC. After that... well, he did take us to the quarters with less talent than we have now. I think we have a higher quality of talent and bigger talent pool to draw from than we did in '02. The real trick will be winning the players confidence and them buying into a strategy everyone can get behind and pull together. That's the positives/pros.

As for the cons: 2018 Russia... time's running short. The team is a shambles in the most important regards when it comes to confidence and believing in themselves as a team that can play cohesively togetherl and win. There's a huge mountain to climb for Arena and he doesn't have much time. I want to believe but I'm very dubious as to whether they can climb it in the short amount of time they have to do it. I guess we'll see come March 24th v Honduras (home match) and 28th v Panama (away).

#5 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:53 PM

Having a bigger talent pool now compared to what it was isn't saying much. Our talent pool is still very small in comparison to a global level. Our talent pool consists of many many average players. We have no real world class stars. And don't say Pulisic is a world class star. He has the potential to be one someday, if he stays at Dortmund for a while, but realistically, none of our players even makes the bench of a top 10-15 international team. 

That is not just the fault of JK. There are so many problems starting at the top that have to be fixed. 

logo-boards.png

#6 millzombie

millzombie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

I hate that this was done in the middle of qualifying. If he was on such a short leash anyway it should have been done before the hex started at least.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users