3 replies to this topic

#1 tornRose

tornRose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:58 AM

I would like to propose something similar to the Cascadia Cup.

Everyone loves a good rivalry, regardless of the sport.  And the only one that I can think of off the top of my head MLS-wise is Seattle vs. Portland.  It's already shaping up to be a heated rivalry between Atlanta and Orlando City, so why not make it a little interesting?

Think about it.  Right now, there's only two teams in the southeast.  Have ATL and ORL face each other during the offseason, winner gets the cup for the year.  The cup can't be won back over during the season.

It's only a matter of time until MLS comes to NC/SC, and maybe a decade or two down the line, Alabama will establish a team.  Then, it would be a "final four" kind of competition, where your standings in the previous year determine your seed number.  Seed 1 plays seed 4, seed 2 plays seed 3.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.  I apologize.

Anyway, the Southeastern Cup.  Good for the rivalry, good for the teams, good for the fanbases.  Thoughts?

• CoachJD, AndreDug, Groverfrerm and 7 others like this

Come on you Bhoys in black!

#2 coastiemike

coastiemike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:41 PM

You could also include Miami in this since they will likely come into the league sooner rather than later.

#3 JMallam97

JMallam97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:57 PM

That's if Beckham's Miami don't fell apart. I think most likely it will fell apart.

- Jonathan

#4 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

Most of the rumors I am hearing is that is already fell apart. 

logo-boards.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users