#1 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMilton, Georgia

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:32 AM

You know what you get when you polish a turd? A shiny turd.
A new manager will do nothing for Swansea. Not with the players they have. Not with the management they have. Not with the corrupt board. It's going to take a complete pulling of the plug and rebuild from the ground up.

#2 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:07 AM

If you look at the team, the players aren't the best. They sold one of their best forwards and best defender. 

However, their defensive record under Bob has actually been worse than before Bob. 

He never should have left France IMO, but I think I understand why he did it.

But Swansea's problem is deeper than a manager. Look at their track record for managers in the last 3-4 years. The problem is more the new ownership. The fan owners and supporters are pissed at ownership more than Bob. The ownership has ruined that club, not any one manager. 

logo-boards.png

#3 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMilton, Georgia

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

It's a lose-lose situation no matter who they bring in. The entire situation is a set up for failure for the next manager. The Supporters Trust is just as much to blame with their in-house corruption and back-room deals with team management (before the new American owners). Jenkins lost site of what's best for the team and instead made it about money for him and his cronies. I hate that all this has happened to what was a great story of rising up from ashes to getting into the EPL but has now turned into this disaster. I will continue to be an American Jack (Atlanta Jacks forever!) and cheer on the boys but dang if these are not the times that test ones loyalty. Good thing I have a lot of experience cheering on a bad team with a bad owner during a terrible decade and yes, I'm talking about my beloved Washington Redskins.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users