• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gridiron

gridiron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:07 AM

Was just noticing the compact width of BDS, and then the announcers made mention. Is the width in the new dome going to 80 yards? This width at 70 kind of works against our attack mentality, I would think.
  • Kiarathono, fedortvoro, Endormon and 4 others like this

#2 brewman

brewman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

80 is kind of wide.  I'm guessing 75 is more the norm, but don't know what it will be at the Benz.

#3 DockterScrappy

DockterScrappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

I believe there will be more space at Benz, but not sure. It did make an impact, at times. You felt like you were in an indoor soccer facility with the walls, for sure. But, face it, Bobby Dodd has always been a piece of crap.

#4 kylay

kylay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

I'll eat my hat if that was 70 yards wide although I know that's what they were claiming. It has completely f*cked up the sight lines running it so close to the wall. You cannot see action happening within 5 yards of the near touch line. 

#5 CoachJD

CoachJD

• Moderators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSuwanee

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

MBZ is supposed to be full width from what I recall. 

logo-boards.png

#6 Gr8Force

Gr8Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMilton, Georgia

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:24 PM

From Law 1 of the FIFA Official Laws of the Game: Touch line (length): 100 m (110 yd) to  110 m (120 yd); Goal line (width) : 64 m (70 yd) to 75 m (80 yd)
I couldn't find the rules for MLS but I did find a list of almost all the teams dimensions. The smallest width is NYFC & Minnesota at 70 yd. BDS was not listed... yet. The widest pitch is Montreal at 77yd. The shortest length at 110yd is DC United, Portland and again NYFC. That makes NYFC easily the smallest in the league and barely legal per FIFA. The longest was several at the full 120yd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users