• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skerfalcon8710

skerfalcon8710

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

didnt see anyone talking about the game, i came over from the Falcons message boards

I think we did a very commendable job considering the circumstances traveling cross country for the first time and playing without martinez. I was really happy to see the defense survive the onslaught by seattle the last 25 minutes or so of the game when Dempsy came in.

i really think we have the most dangerous counter attack in the MLS we were just missing badly on our passes and through balls last night. hopefully we get that cleaned up. gonna be a long road trip with 6 of the next 7 away from bobby dodd.

GO UNITED!

• CoachJD, Kiarathono, Lhomasmaype and 3 others like this

#2 augoat

augoat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBuckhead

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:17 PM

Any AUFC fan unhappy with the result in that game is being unreasonable (not that I've heard any).  I am not going to bemoan the missing pieces and limited minutes due to WCQ, because Seattle was similarly affected (though I think we probably felt the losses a little harder).  Each team had moments where it controlled the game, each team had a few close opportunities which could've swung the game.  A very even match against the defending champ on the road.  Great game by Pirez and the back line.  I really like Garza's toughness, he's a workhorse.

It will be interesting to see how we handle the striker role moving forward.  I do not think Villalba is the solution.  With a week of rest, I am interested to see if Kenwyne Jones gets a start at the top.  He's not an ideal fit for Tata's system, but I feel like his size, strength and experience will be useful enough to counter that.  It also allows everyone else to stay in their regular roles.  If he isn't the guy, maybe Asad gets a look at the top. 

didnt see anyone talking about the game, i came over from the Falcons message boards

I think we did a very commendable job considering the circumstances traveling cross country for the first time and playing without martinez. I was really happy to see the defense survive the onslaught by seattle the last 25 minutes or so of the game when Dempsy came in.

i really think we have the most dangerous counter attack in the MLS we were just missing badly on our passes and through balls last night. hopefully we get that cleaned up. gonna be a long road trip with 6 of the next 7 away from bobby dodd.

GO UNITED!

#3 coastiemike

coastiemike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

Head over to Reddit. The real discussions take place there.  The organization drug it's feet here to get things set up and easily findable and everyone pretty much abandoned it.

• zzbaron likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users